Volunteering may open your eyes to how much you can achieve with a little commitment. Our volunteers make a meaningful contribution to the lives of women and children, and are an essential part of our organisation.
By becoming a volunteer and supporting Emerge, you will form part of a team working to help women and children have safer, brighter lives, while also gaining a unique and valuable personal experience.
WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED TO NEW APPLICATIONS
We have been overwhelmed by the level of interest in volunteering with us and are very grateful for the community’s continued support of our vital services to women and children escaping Family Violence.
Due to this high demand and the limits placed on service delivery during the global pandemic restrictions, we are closed for applications at this time.
We would love to have you join our volunteer team in the future. Please keep checking our website for updates.
Emerge is currently looking for volunteers who can contribute to our services in the following ways:
- Companions – supporting our clients and their families as they transition to a new life
- Tutors – tutoring students from early learning, junior through to secondary school aged
- Office Administration – general office administration support
- English Tutor – teaching English to our CALD clients
- Social events – helping to organise and host social events for our clients and their families
- Housing support – helping our clients search and apply for rental properties
- Learner drivers’ support – assist our clients obtain independence by supporting them to obtain their Learner’s Permit and supervise their driving
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM
To become a volunteer for Emerge you will be required to participate in our four step application process.
- Step one – complete our online volunteer application form
- Step two – participate in an interview with our Volunteer Coordinator
- Step three – complete our Safety Screening Process
- Step four – attend a volunteer induction session
You will need to register with our Volunteer Portal before commencing your application.
If you need assistance accessing the Volunteer Portal or completing the application form please phone our Volunteer Coordinator on 8657 8622 or email us at email@example.com
All volunteers are required to hold a current (within three months) Working With Children Check and National Police Check. All checks must be obtained prior to commencing with us. Some applicants may also require an International Police Check.
The cost of all police checks is met by Emerge. There is no cost to you.
VOLUNTEER INDUCTION SESSION DATES
Our inductions sessions are held quarterly and, where COVID-19 restrictions allow, are held face to face. Participation in these sessions is by invitation only. Future session dates are:
- 2021 – Thursday November 25
- 2022 – Thursday March 24
- 2022 – Thursday July 21