Volunteering is at the very core of being human. No one has made it through life without someone else’s help.
Our volunteers make a meaningful contribution to the lives of women and children and are an essential part of our organisation.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER ROLES AVAILABLE
By becoming a volunteer and supporting Emerge, you will form part of a team working to help women and children have safer, brighter lives, while also gaining a unique and valuable personal experience.
Emerge is currently looking for skilled female volunteers who can contribute to our services in the following ways:
High School Tutors – Support our high school clients with one-on-one academic support in English, Maths and Science.
This volunteer role requires you to have previous high school tutoring experience and a related referee.
Child Minders – Support our clients by providing childcare in the home setting for children aged between 0-12.
This volunteer role requires you to have current First Aid Training – including CPR and either:
- Studying or current Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Studying or current BA in Education
- Retired teacher
- Afterschool care worker
Office Administration – Join our refuge team to provide administration and organisational support. Become part of a community creating change in Family Violence and gain experience in the Social and Community and Not got Profit sectors. This role is one day per week for a 4-6 month period.
JOIN OUR SKILLED VOLUNTEER TEAM
To become a volunteer for Emerge you will be required to be fully vaccinated and participate in our application process.
- Step one – Check that you have the skills and experience that the role advertised requires
- Step two – Email email@example.com for the position description
- Step three – Confirm if you would like to take on this role and participate in an interview with our Volunteer Coordinator
- Step four – If successful complete the Family Violence Foundations Training – Qualification Details | Safe and Equal
- Step five – Complete our Safety Screening Process
- Step six – Attend a volunteer induction session held quarterly
* Please note that the Family Violence Foundations Training takes between 6-9hrs as is mandatory requirement to volunteer with Emerge
Unfortunately we do not accept student placements as part of our volunteer program. For student placements please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All volunteers are required to hold a current (within three months) Working With Children Check and National Police Check. All checks must be obtained prior to commencing with us. Some applicants may also require an International Police Check.
The cost of all police checks is met by Emerge. There is no cost to you.